Do you ever just crave something for weeks on end?! Well, I do all the time. It started almost a year ago, I began craving peanut butter pretty much every second of the day. Then my cravings went onto anything mango, especially dried mango from Trader Joes. And now as the seasons are changing and the temperatures are dropping, I’ve been craving chili!
And, I can’t be stopped. I’ve literally made this Healthy Spicy Texas Chili now once a week for the last 3 weeks. It’s the best the night of, for leftovers, and to make the most amazing chili potato nachos out of on game day! I don’t really watch the game, I’m just here for the nachos!
Share what you’ve been craving recently below, please tell me I’m not alone in this craziness! And nope, I’m not anywhere close to pregnant. Just a crazy single lady over here having cravings. Totally natural, am I right?
Oh, and did I mention there’s bacon in there! I swear it’s still a healthy recipe!
- 1 package extra lean organic ground beef or turkey
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 fresh jalapeno, chopped (you can deseed for less spice, I leave the seeds in!)
- 28 oz organic fire roasted diced canned tomatoes
- 4 tbsp chili powder, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can of cooked pinto beans or black beans (I used pinto!)
- Heat dutch oven or large pan with a lid on the stove.
- Added chopped bacon to pan and saute the bacon until clear.
- Add the ground meat and brown over high heat along with the onions, garlic, and jalapeno.
- When the meat is brown and the onions clear, add the remaining ingredients. Make sure to add the tomato juice.
- Simmer for 50 minutes and correct the seasoning.
- Cooked beans can be added to the pot now.
- Let simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese, homemade guacamole and chopped onions.