I love buying a ton of veggies and going home and roasting them for my week ahead. Roasting veggies brings out such an amazing flavor and makes it that much more exciting to eat them.
Another thing I am absolutely smitten with is not having to cook breakfast every morning, and in comes my weekly food prep and my go-to for breakfast, my Healthy Roasted Veggie Frittata. Frittatas are SO versatile and you can literally throw whatever you have on hand into them and they will taste so yummy.
Not only is this a simple recipe but it will leave you with no excuses all week to skip breakfast. I pop a piece into the microwave for about 45 seconds and pop some toast in the toaster and I’m eating breakfast in the time it takes to make my coffee.
I also found myself grabbing this for lunch too, add it on top of a leafy green salad and you are set for a nutritious and filling lunch! Another great plus is it’s jam packed with protein so it will leave you feeling satisfied instead of wanting more!
Here’s to a super successful week everyone! I love to see your recipe creations, if you make this Frittata make sure to tag me @fittybritttty and use the hashtag #fittybrittttyEATS so I can see your amazing frittatas!
- 6 whole organic brown eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 c. organic half/half, skim milk, or 2%
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup roasted shaved brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup roasted zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted eggplant
- 4 slices ham, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced or in small chunks
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup Italian 4-cheese blend (or any cheese you like, sharp cheddar & feta would be amazing)
- arugula or mixed greens for serving
- Set oven to 350 degrees, spray casserole dish with olive oil spray so the eggs don’t get stuck, and set aside.
- Roast brussel sprouts, zucchini, and eggplant (I used veggies I had previously roasted the day before for meal prep!)
- In a medium to large bowl combine the brown whole eggs, egg whites, half and half, and the salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add sliced ham and mushrooms to saute pan and saute with olive oil spray until slightly browned.
- Add the sliced ham and mushrooms to the sprayed casserole dish.
- Pour all other roasted veggies and onion into the casserole dish
- Pour egg mixture over veggies.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and add the sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes, broil on high for the last 2-3 minutes of baking time to get the edges a little brown and crispy!