I don’t know about you all but for me September pretty much happened in a blink of an eye. Like, where did it go? I’ve been busier than normal which is always a good thing in my opinion but that means I need to make sure I’m prepped and ready for my earlier mornings! When I don’t have time to make a healthy breakfast and I know I’ll be running around in the morning I make sure to prep overnight oats before I head to bed!
Overnight oats take seriously about 5 minutes to swirl together and they taste so amazing. I seriously look forward to breakfast every time I make these.
Let’s talk about peanut butter for a second… I used to not be a fan! Yes, that’s right I didn’t like peanut butter, I know I was crazy BUT in the last year I started going crazy for it and now I can’t keep it out of my meals! I somehow work peanut butter into my daily eating routine! Not hard to do! But I like to make sure I can actually taste it, you know because then it feels like I was cheated of my 2 tablespoons. Well you’re in luck if you’re like me, because the flavor of the peanut butter truly shines in these oats!
The combo of blueberries and peanut butter is one of my ALL TIME favorites! And the best part is that the blueberries do NOT get soggy sitting in the oat mixture at all! It’s pretty crazy!
Okay enough about me going on and on about overnight oats, I’m sure you’ve all tried a version of overnight oats before but these are pretty damn exceptional! Let me know in the comments below if you plan to try this recipe or have tried it! And remember if you make it and post about it on Instagram hashtag #fittybrittttyEATS so I can see it! Enjoy!
- ½ cup (120 ml) unsweetened plain almond milk (DIY recipe)
- ¾ Tbsp (9 g) chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp (32 g) natural salted peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar, brown sugar, stevia to taste)
- ½ cup (45 g) gluten free rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup organic fresh blueberries
- Sliced banana
- Additional chia seed
- Additional almond milk
- Take an almost empty jar of PB or a mason jar or small container (I had a crunchy PB jar from Trader Joes with exactly 2 tbps of PB left, how lucky am I?) and add almond milk, chia seeds, PB, maple syrup (or sweetener of choice), protein powder, vanilla, and blueberries into the jar and stir with a spoon to combine
- Then add in oats and stir again to combine, (don't worry if the PB doesn't combine easily - it will swirl together overnight!)
- Screw on lid and shake container for 30 seconds to a minute to ensure everything gets mixed up well! You want to make sure the oats get nice and moistened.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- The next day, open and enjoy as is, or garnish with desired toppings (see options above).
- Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, though best within the first 12-24 hours.
*Prep time reflects preparation and overnight soaking.
*The oats taste amazing straight out of the fridge but if the thought of cold oats freaks you out, set out on the counter for 30 minutes to get to room temperature or you can heat in microwave.
GET THE INGREDIENTS: