Pumpkin and Fall go hand in hand. It’s FINALLY feeling like fall here in Southern California and I’m super duper excited about it. When I lived on the east coast, Fall was my favorite season. The leaves changing, the cooler temperatures, and everything pumpkin and when you live in SoCal you only get a taste of Fall. I can’t really complain though because the summer here makes up for it!
I love how overnight oats are so versatile and that they can be adapted for every single season. Adding in pureed organic pumpkin to these oats brings out the fall flavors and makes for a super creamy texture that I just can’t seem to get enough of.
These oats would make the perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack, especially for those of you with hectic mornings. I also think it would make the perfect meal to enjoy after an intense workout – hello 30 grams of protein and healthy carbohydrates! A macro dream!
If you give these a try, leave a comment below, rate them, and don’t forget to tag a picture #fittybrittttyEATS on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with.
- 3/4 cup (120 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 Tbsp (9 g) chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp (32 g) organic pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 heaping scoop of vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar, brown sugar, or stevia to taste)
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (45 g) gluten free rolled oats[br][b]TOPPINGS[/b][br]
- Chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Additional chia seed
- Pumpkin Granola
- Add all of the Oat ingreditents into a container with a lid. If you have an almost empty jar of any nut butter you can make them in there for an added flavor burst!
- Stir with a spoon to make sure all oats are covered in the almond milk.
- Add top to container and shake it up for at least 30 seconds.
- Place in fridge for a minimum of 6 hours or leave overnight.
- The next day, open and enjoy as is, or garnish with desired toppings (see options above).
- Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, though best within the first 12-24 hours.